Monday, November 19, 2007

4th Day of Thanks

Now that I've expressed gratitude for the family I have a hand in raising, I must now give thanks for the parents that raised me to be the person I am. My parents each taught me traits which have helped me throughout my life, and in all areas of my life. They taught me through example. From my mom I learned to glean all the intelligence I can from life. I learned that I don't have to pretend to be stupid for anyone, and in fact anyone worth being friends with will admire my intelligence. From my dad I learned how to forgive. He may not know he taught me this, but I never saw him hold a grudge. Sure, he got mad sometimes, but once that initial explosion was done, so was the anger. I appreciate these lessons from these people who, most of all, have always loved me and encouraged me to make good choices. Thanks to mom and dad!

No comments: